Credit Union of Texas (CUTX) today announced that it has promoted several individuals to its leadership team. Courtney Coss has been appointed Chief Retail Officer; Angela Faust, Administrative Director; Jennifer Olvera, Head of Engagement; Jessica Ortuno, vice president of support services; Victoria Pilgrim, vice-president of programming and development; Mike Vining, vice president of IT services; and Kerry Whitson, vice president of accounting.
Eric Pointer, President and CEO of CUTX, said: “Behind every great company is a diverse and talented team. A component of success comes when we put the right people in the right positions at all levels of the organization. As part of our continuous process improvement, we periodically assess departmental and organizational processes to ensure that our leadership is structured so that we can better serve our members, staff and communities. The aforementioned individuals exemplify the traits and qualities that I admire in leadership positions.
- Coss has worked for the credit union for over 13 years, most recently as vice president of branch operations, responsible for 16 branches and over 160 employees;
- Faust, with over 15 years at CUTX, will now also be the spearhead of human resources, card services, electronic payments, programming and compliance / fraud;
- Olvera, who joined CUTX three years ago as Vice President of Engagement, is involved in all marketing and communications projects and now sales and service initiatives will be under her leadership;
- Ortuno, who has been with the Credit Union for 19 years, will lead all support services for the Credit Union, including its wholly owned subsidiary FairLease, Lending and Home Equity;
- Pilgrim, with more than 15 years of experience in IT, will now have under his supervision all programming and development of the credit union;
- Vining has worked with CUTX for over 18 years and will now be responsible for all IT initiatives at CUTX; and
- Whitson was a controller at CUTX, has over 18 years in executive finance leadership roles and now will have all accounting responsibilities under management.
Olvera said: “I speak on behalf of everyone saying that we are all proud to work for a company that not only promotes equality in the workplace, but also shows its diversity within its management team. . At CUTX, we draw on many different backgrounds, cultures and experiences to build an inclusive business. As the Hispanic leader of our business, I hope to set an example that encourages others to be the best in themselves and to know that their hard work will be recognized and rewarded.
“These promotions are well deserved, and each individual brings their unique perspectives to the leadership of CUTX,” added Pointer. “We will be even better positioned to meet the needs of our members with these influential people in their new roles. We are delighted to see them expand their roles and responsibilities as they help guide us in the years to come. “
For nearly 90 years, the Credit Union of Texas has provided financial services to its members throughout North Texas. Realizing its vision of delivering an unexpected experience, CUTX has reached over $ 1.5 billion in assets and now serves more than 144,000 members through its branch network. Membership is open to anyone living, working, practicing, or pursuing graduate studies in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding areas. For more information on CUTX, visit www.cutx.org.